On the Boat!

I am currently on the boat to Antarctica. We just received the announcement that we have entered Antarctic waters and will see our first iceberg early tomorrow morning.  We left Ushuaia yesterday evening and after just a few minutes I saw my first group of penguins in the Beagle Channel.

We entered the Drake Passage last night and at around lunch time today we saw a small pod of Killer Whales and more Albatross than I can count. We have been worryingly lucky with the weather having huge sunshine and the biggest swells only being around 4 metres, the boat is very rocky, with enough changing gradient to through me out of bed, or the chairs to slide from one side of the deck to the other.

Unfortunately internet on the boat is very hard to get and incredibly costly and so I may not be able to upload anymore photos or possible even blog again!

However, Jack from 2041will be blogging on the official blog with posts written by some of us and I have heard that the men from Sky News have been reporting on the expedition as it goes as well!

The 2041 blog can be found at www.expedition.2041.com and it also has a GPS tracker so you can follow where in Antarctica the boat is.

I am so sorry that I might be radio silent but I am still recording everything as I go and will be able to write it all up on the blog on my return.

I can't wait to share it all with you,

Thank you all once again

Oli
 
© Copyright 2035 THE ANTARCTICA
Theme by Yusuf Fikri